Sarah Jessica Parker has long been associated with fashion due to her role as Carrie Bradshaw on the show Sex and the City. She embodied New York City glamour to women everywhere and made Manolo Blahnik a household name – a designer whose shoes even the thriftiest women covet.
More recently, Barneys New York and the Walt Disney Company created a cartoon version of SJP for their Electric Holiday campaign video. Still, the actress insists she doesn’t think of herself as a fashion icon. Of the suggestion that she’s the same fashion icon in real life as she once played on the small screen, she says:
It’s not an identity that I … connect to. I’m grateful if anyone says anything kind, and if they say something less kind, I take that as a part of anyone talking about you at all. It’s not how I think of myself and I think it’s probably the healthier approach.
Even though she doesn’t associate herself with fashion, Parker does admit that she appreciates the industry. “I love beautiful things and I’m privileged to borrow a beautiful dress,” says Sarah of her opportunities to wear designer clothing on the red carpet. She feels that this is the one part of her life that fashion fits into to and does enjoy dressing up when she gets the chance.
To read more about SJP’s take on fashion and what she likes to wear everyday, check out Be Voguish!
Category: Sarah Jessica Parker
FOOD & PREGNANCY- 7 Kinds Of Food Pregnant Women Should Avoid
- The Scoop On Soy - A Healthy Source Of Protein
- 4 Breathing Techniques Relieving Pain For Pregnant Women During Labor
- Foods You Should Not Eat With Eggs
- Kinds Of Edible Livers That You Should Eat
- Foods That You Should Avoid Eating At Night
- Organic Smoothies for a Healthy Pregnancy : Pumpkin Spice, Sweet Potato Pie, Coconut Cream Smoothie
- 9 Foods That Provide Probiotic Beneficial Bacteria
- Facts About Food Containing Iron For Pregnant Women
Top search- 16 Celebrity Boob Jobs, Before and After
- 16 Celebrities Smoking Cigarettes
- 16 Celebrities’ Nose Jobs
- 14 Hairy Female Celebrities
- 7 Stars Speak on Losing Their Virginity
- 5 Celebrities Who’ve Denied Having Anorexia
- 5 Celebrities With Weird Scars
- 6 Photos of Britney Spears Wearing No Underwear!
- 17 Celebrity Acne Photos
- 5 Celebrities Who Were Upset After Their Naked Photos Were Leaked