Rosie O’Donnell made a name for herself as a successful talk show host from 1996 to 2002. The Rosie O’Donnell Show lasted for over 1,000 episodes and had millions of viewers. Because of her success on television before, she probably figured she could start up a successful talk show again. Well, it turns out she couldn’t. It has been announced that her latest attempt at television fame, The Rosie Show, has been cancelled after just six months. Even though it wasn’t on very long, the show had undergone many changes to try to boost ratings, which made it seem inevitable that it would end up being cancelled. It started out with a live audience on a huge set, and ended as a boring talk between Rosie and a solo guest at a table in a much smaller set. The show couldn’t attract enough popular guests and lost employees left and right – about 30 people from the team, including producers and writers, left over the past few months because of budget cuts and a terrible boss. Sources say it was the fault of both sides though. The network wasn’t meant for Rosie, while O’Donnell couldn’t quite make the same impact she did last time she had a talk show. The show aired on Oprah Winfrey’s network OWN, which desperately needed shows to better its ratings as well, but Rosie couldn’t live up to the challenge.
Rosie O’Donnell’s latest television talk show failed after only a few months, but she’s not the first star to have a talk show crash and burn. Here are some other celebrities that just couldn’t make it as a host.
Sharon Osbourne launched The Sharon Obsourne Show in 2003. It failed to get enough viewers and was cancelled after just one season because of low ratings and criticism that Sharon focused too much on her own family during the show. She also attempted to launch a version of the show in UK in 2006, but it also failed within one year.
Zach Galifianakis has established a successful acting career now, but his attempt at hosting a talk show about 10 years ago failed. His talk show, Late World with Zach, aired for only nine weeks on VH1 in 2002. It mostly featured comedians and bands from Los Angeles.
Category: Rosie O'Donnell, Sharon Osbourne, Zach Galifianakis
FOOD & PREGNANCY- 7 Kinds Of Food Pregnant Women Should Avoid
- The Scoop On Soy - A Healthy Source Of Protein
- 4 Breathing Techniques Relieving Pain For Pregnant Women During Labor
- Foods You Should Not Eat With Eggs
- Kinds Of Edible Livers That You Should Eat
- Foods That You Should Avoid Eating At Night
- Organic Smoothies for a Healthy Pregnancy : Pumpkin Spice, Sweet Potato Pie, Coconut Cream Smoothie
- 9 Foods That Provide Probiotic Beneficial Bacteria
- Facts About Food Containing Iron For Pregnant Women
Top search- 16 Celebrity Boob Jobs, Before and After
- 16 Celebrities Smoking Cigarettes
- 16 Celebrities’ Nose Jobs
- 14 Hairy Female Celebrities
- 7 Stars Speak on Losing Their Virginity
- 5 Celebrities Who’ve Denied Having Anorexia
- 5 Celebrities With Weird Scars
- 6 Photos of Britney Spears Wearing No Underwear!
- 17 Celebrity Acne Photos
- 5 Celebrities Who Were Upset After Their Naked Photos Were Leaked