Kanye West caused quite a stir when he performed at the 12-12-12 concert wearing a kilt. West has been known to wear man-skirts prior to the event – anyone catch all the kilts worn during he and Jay-Z’s Watch the Throne tour? The concert that benefited the victims of Hurricane Sandy reached a much wider audience though, which left plenty of people scratching their heads about his outfit choice.
So just how does Kanye decide to wear a kilt for his performances? Thanks to a video recently released by VOYR, the rapper’s personal documentarian, we now have some insight into his wardrobe choices. It seems West’s kilt contemplation is much more complex than we expected! He’s had meetings in Paris with Riccardo Tisci of Givenchy to create multiple custom leather kilts for him to wear.
We learned from the video that while Kanye loves the look of straight leather kilts, he also sometimes needs his kilts to have pleats, especially in the back. Otherwise, it’s just too hard to move. We also found out that West will quickly correct you if you call his kilt a skirt. “It’s a kilt,” says Kanye, and you better not mistake it for anything else!
We’ll probably never get over seeing Kanye in a kilt, but it looks like we’ll just have to try and get used to it because he’s certainly not the only male star who likes them. Check out 11 more male celebrities who’ve been spotted wearing kilts and skirts!
Rapper Diddy wore a black and white tartan kilt while performing at the Glasgow Music Festival in Scotland in 2010.
Rapper Andre 3000 has always had an outlandish sense of style, so it’s not surprising that he enjoys a good kilt. He’s even worn them in music videos.
Actor Vin Diesel usually fills tough, manly roles in films, but in 2003 he wore a black leather skirt to the MTV Europe Music Awards. He paired the skirt with a simple black sweater and black boots, but it didn’t help the outfit at all.
To see 7 more male stars in skirts and to watch the behind-the-scenes video about Kanye’s kilt choice, check out Be Voguish!
Category: Diddy, Ewan NcGregor, Gerard Butler, Jared Leto, kanye west, Marc Jacobs, Russell Crowe, Snoop Dogg, Vin Diesel
FOOD & PREGNANCY- 7 Kinds Of Food Pregnant Women Should Avoid
- The Scoop On Soy - A Healthy Source Of Protein
- 4 Breathing Techniques Relieving Pain For Pregnant Women During Labor
- Foods You Should Not Eat With Eggs
- Kinds Of Edible Livers That You Should Eat
- Foods That You Should Avoid Eating At Night
- Organic Smoothies for a Healthy Pregnancy : Pumpkin Spice, Sweet Potato Pie, Coconut Cream Smoothie
- 9 Foods That Provide Probiotic Beneficial Bacteria
- Facts About Food Containing Iron For Pregnant Women
Top search- 16 Celebrity Boob Jobs, Before and After
- 16 Celebrities Smoking Cigarettes
- 16 Celebrities’ Nose Jobs
- 14 Hairy Female Celebrities
- 7 Stars Speak on Losing Their Virginity
- 5 Celebrities Who’ve Denied Having Anorexia
- 5 Celebrities With Weird Scars
- 6 Photos of Britney Spears Wearing No Underwear!
- 17 Celebrity Acne Photos
- 5 Celebrities Who Were Upset After Their Naked Photos Were Leaked