As soon as pictures of Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel’s October wedding were released, everyone immediately noticed Biel’s unique gown. Instead of a traditional white wedding dress, Biel opted for a pink Giambattista Valli gown. Some were left scratching their heads as to why she chose a colored gown, but now it’s no longer a mystery. Biel opened up about her wedding day and dress choice in the January 2013 issue of Elle.
The strapless gown was custom made of silk mousseline and silk organza and covered in a subtle floral motif. Jessica says Valli had created the same fabric in another color combination for a dress from one of his previous collections and when she asked if he would recreate it in a color that could be paired with white, he suggested pink. Of going ahead with the idea, Biel says,
“It was a bit of a leap of faith at the time, but it turned out better than I could have ever imagined. [Putting it on], I felt like I had made the right choice. I felt elegant. And it moved like a dream.”
Biel may have shocked with her pink gown, but she’s not the first celebrity to choose a colored dress for their wedding day. Here are 9 other stars that also ignored the traditional assertion that you must wear white to your own wedding!
Anne Hathway married Adam Schulman this year in a pink Valentino gown.
Amber Tamblyn wed David Cross this year in a yellow dress.
For her 2012 wedding to Christine Marinoni, Cynthia Nixon opted for a green Carolina Herrera gown.
Reese Witherspoon wed Jim Toth last year in a blush pink gown.
To read more about Biel’s thoughts on her dress and to see the rest of the stars who chose colored gowns for their wedding day, check out Be Voguish!
Category: Amber Tamblyn, Anne Hathaway, Cynthia Nixon, Gwen Stefani, Jenna Dewan, Jessica Biel, Julianne Moore, Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Jessica Parker, Sofia Coppola
FOOD & PREGNANCY- 7 Kinds Of Food Pregnant Women Should Avoid
- The Scoop On Soy - A Healthy Source Of Protein
- 4 Breathing Techniques Relieving Pain For Pregnant Women During Labor
- Foods You Should Not Eat With Eggs
- Kinds Of Edible Livers That You Should Eat
- Foods That You Should Avoid Eating At Night
- Organic Smoothies for a Healthy Pregnancy : Pumpkin Spice, Sweet Potato Pie, Coconut Cream Smoothie
- 8 Foods Rich In Beneficial Bacteria
- 9 Foods That Provide Probiotic Beneficial Bacteria
- Facts About Food Containing Iron For Pregnant Women
Top search- 16 Celebrity Boob Jobs, Before and After
- 16 Celebrities Smoking Cigarettes
- 16 Celebrities’ Nose Jobs
- 14 Hairy Female Celebrities
- 7 Stars Speak on Losing Their Virginity
- 5 Celebrities Who’ve Denied Having Anorexia
- 5 Celebrities With Weird Scars
- 6 Photos of Britney Spears Wearing No Underwear!
- 17 Celebrity Acne Photos
- 5 Celebrities Who Were Upset After Their Naked Photos Were Leaked